The Daughter and Myself played with stamps to make mini thank you tags. I made sure that there is an extra set of cards just incase a particular someone doesn’t listen and creates their own design.
Food of The Gods – The Mother loves decorating and making cute packaging for food. The bars was moist and chewy that I remembered from my youth. I had different versions an I found that this recipe is my favorite. See below for the recipe.
I didn’t wrap these if it is not evident, I’m not as meticulous as The Mother. I will be posting this recipe soon – stay tuned.
Food of the Gods
(Adapted from my Auntie Lilly)
2 Stick of Butter
1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar (dark preferred)
1 Tsp of Vanilla
1 Cup of Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
½ Tsp of Salt.
1 Cup Walnuts Diced
1 Cup of Dates Diced
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a medium sauce pan. Heat on a medium heat until it melts and caramelize slightly.
- Set aside.
- While that cools, mix together the try ingredients.
- Once the mixture reaches room temperature, place it in a large mixing bowl. Beat the mixture either by hand or on medium speed. Slowly add each egg and than add the vanilla.
- Remove from the mixer and hand mixes the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into two 9 inch pans. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool. As you let it cool, sprinkle the top with sugar (I would use raw sugar).
- Cuts up into 1 ½ inch squares and serve.