For the Fresh Lumpia, I used the same recipe as I did in a previous post. I thought this dish would best display vegetables.The other dish I have been dying to try is vegetarian palabok. One of the many times The Mother came to visit, she brought one of my aunts with her. She showed me a palabok recipe that The Daughter is able to have. It is seafood free but you are able to add some shrimp or tinapa if you like.
1 Package of palabok noodles (The Mother says spaghetti works too)
2 Cans of Cream of Mushrooms + two cans of water (I just cleaned out
2-3 Tbs of Ground Annatto Seed
4 Tbs of Chicken Bouillon
1 Onion Chopped
4 Cloves of Minced Garlic
1 Package of 8 oz. or more Soft Tofu
- Soak the noodles in water to soften.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in a large wok or pan.
- Once the onions and garlic soften, add the tofu, bouillon, annatto seed and mix well.
- Add the cream of mushrooms and water than bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce is done, add the noodles and let it simmer until the noodles is soft and cooked.
- Serve with the topping of your choice.