Aren't they Pretty
I got excited and bought two pints. I know it isn't that much but I have a bad habit of either forgetting about it. So I went almost a week when I realized it was in the fridge. Bad me, I had so many plans for them. Instead I ended up making a sauce out of them.
Pork Kabobs with a Fig Glaze
(Influenced by Bellalimento)
1 Lb Pork Shoulder
1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes (Grape works too, but that is what I had in the house)
1 Pint of Figs (you could use dried too, just lesson the sugar)
1/4 Cup of Sugar
Water (it depends on how thick you would like it)
1-2 Tbs of Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Soak the sticks in water for about 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Slice the pork shoulder into 1 inch cubes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Skewer the meat and the tomato (alternating each one).
- Grill the kabobs for about 15-20 minutes or until it the pork is fully cooked (this was The Husband's Job)
- While that is cooking, prepare the glaze.
- Slice the figs into quarters and place in a medium pot with the sugar.
- Add enough water it is about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it become thick. Stir occasionally.
- When it thickens, remove from the heat and add the balsamic vinegar.
- When both the kabobs and glaze is fully cooked, coat the kabobs with the sauce.
- Serve...we had it with rice :D
Could you you tell, I took the pics at different times :D
BTW I am giving myself -20 points for each week I missed the Clean up challenge.