Russian Style Pierogi
(adapted from Anula's Kitchen)
2 to 2 1/2 Cup of Flour (I used 2 Cups)
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp of Salt
1 Cup of Water
- Lightly beat the egg.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix the well.
- Add enough water until it is moist but not too wet.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes before working the dough.
- Roll out the dough and assemble.
2 Cooked Potatoes
1/4 Cup of Bacon
1/2 Cup of Farmers Cheese
1 Small Onions
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mash up the potatoes and let it go to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are cooling, cook the bacon until it is crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and add the onions to cook.
- As the onions are cooking, chop up the bacon into little pieces.
- Add the bacon back into the pan when the onions become translucent. Remove from the heat.
- Chop or crumble up the cheese and than add it to the mashed potatoes.
- Add the bacon and onions to the mix than season.
- Fill the pierogies.
- Start boiling water with a little salt in a medium pot.
- Takes the small skillet and starts browning 1-2 tbs of butter (you could use oil also).