Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Strawberries and White chocolate

So this past Sunday was my wedding anniversary. We celebrated three years having to legally put up with each other. It may not be that long but it seems like forever. I admire the couples that has been together for many years because marriage is tough.  I got lucky with The Husband, he has a sense of humor. You need a great sense of humor to live with me. When I really started to expand my cooking skills, he wasn't the biggest fan but he supported me anyway. He finally understood my passion and accepted his faith as my constant taste tester. One thing that drives him crazy is the "pregnancy" weight he gained since he met me. Sunday arrived and we actually did not do anything for our anniversary. It seemed like everybody had a birthday this past weekend including my friend Anna. Instead we went to her place for her birthday and by the time we were going to celebrate, The Daughter was falling asleep. Instead, I made cupcakes the next day to acknowledge the day. Since The Daughter is allergic to everything, I made a strawberry and white chocolate cupcake. Except I kinda messed up my white chocolate ganache. I believe I put too much butter or cream or both actually.


Strawberry Cupcakes
(influenced by Joy of Baking)
1 1/2 Cups of Cake Flour
1/2 Cup of Butter at room temperture
1 Cup of Diced Strawberries
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup of Milk
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Cup of Sugar
3 Eggs
Garnish
White Chocolate ganache
Whole Strawberries

Directions
  1. Pre-heat the oven for 350F and prepare the muffin tin with the buttered cupcake liners.
  2. Shift together the flour, baking powder, and salt onto parchment paper.
  3. Than cream the butter and sugar together with a hand or a stand mixer.
  4. Once the butter becomes fluffy, add the eggs one at a time and than the vanilla.
  5. Take the flour mixture and pour in about 1/3 of mixure into the wet ingredients.
  6. Than add 1/3 of the milk.  Continue to alternate the dry and milk additions until it is well incorporated. 
  7. Remove the bowl from the mixture and gently fold in the diced strawberries. 
  8. Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 way up and bake for about 18 minutes.
  9. Let it cool.
  10. Dip the tops into the white chocolate ganache and top with a 1/2 a strawberry, also dipped.
  11. Serve.
My white chocolate ganache came out like condense milk.

Happy Anniversary Honey....sorry you are going to have to start your diet next week!



I also used this to enter in The Sweetest Kitchen's Mystery Box Cupcake Challege. Please vote for me. 
The winner of August’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge will receive prizes from:
Thank you to all our prize sponsors!

Voting Starts August 21!

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an adorable cupcake to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Looks absolutely gorgeous too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it's more of a glaze than ganache...they still look heavenly. Very pretty pictures as well. Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary and these cupcakes sound and look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so cute and tasty...I will definitely have to make these! It was your anniversary...congrats to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! These cupcakes look like the perfect way to celebrate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! And the cup cakes look great as well!

    Bon appetit!
    CCR
    =:~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! I know what you mean by needing sense of humor to stay with you! it's the same for me and I got lucky too! Above all when he has to cheer me up from depression moments due to baking failures haha. And it's not important to do anything big for the anniversary...a simple gesture like making cupcakes to share is all it takes to celebrate! (I'm drooling btw! I love white chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! These look awesome. Chocolate covered strawberries (of any kind) are my favorite. These cupcakes look delicious, and are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the anniversary! My first year is coming up end of this month :=) I agree the sense of humor is important in a relationship. With those adorable cupcakes, he should be okay to start his diet next week! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cupcakes look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Anniversary! Strawberry and white chocolate are a heavenly combo! These are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your anniversary...and what a nice way to celebrate :-) These little cupcakes are so cute and look so yummie...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary! The cupcakes look fantastic - you can't go wrong with strawberries and chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! awww.... your family sounds very sweet. And the dessert you conjured up is magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! Very yummy looking- I made something like that for a celebration as well but added a little champagne to my batter :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary Joy! These cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy anniversary to you both! A beautiful cupcake to celebrate your day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, a big big congrats on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary1 Your cupcake is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! These cupcakes looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated anniversary! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no! Sad droopy ganache! But I see you're using the pretty plate :D Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy anniversary!

    The cakes look pretty and yummy.:)

    ReplyDelete