This summer has been insane. If I wasn't at work, I wouldn't have a chance to blog. This was actually going to be the summer where I experimented on a bunch of new recipes but unfortunately, life came in the way. Now it is August and I have no idea where the summer went. One minutes it was May and I was looking forward to the warm weather and next it was August. I was fortunate enough to be the "private" chef for a few parties this year. Last week I was asked to cater a party for one my cousins, May. She was blessed with four beautiful boys which three of them had their birthday a week apart. She went with a pool party since it was going to be so warm. I also catered another party of her so we already had an idea what she wanted. Here are a few pictures of the different food I made. Below is the recipe for the leche flan.
Make your own tacos.
Captain Crunch Wings (I'll post the recipes as soon as I get it from The Husband)
Ube Halaya (It would have looked better if I was able to shape it :D)
My trusted Empanada (These were chicken)
Salmon with a mango salsa
(adapted from Filipino Recipes)
1 Can of Evaporated Milk
1 Can of Condensed Milk
10 Egg Yolks
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
For the caramel: (I cheated and used corn syrup)
1 Cup of Sugar
3/4 Cup of Water
- Prep the pan by coating the bottom with the caramel or in my case corn syrup.
- Prep the water bath by setting the oven to 370F and place a large pan with water in the oven while it preheats.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together until it is well incorporated.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cook for about 45 minutes until it well cooked. I actually wiggled the pan to see if any of it moved.
- Place in the refridgerator overnight.
- Remove from the mold and serve.
The Daughter having some Pool Time!