I wanted to follow up with the recipe. It has been requested from my last mellow bakers post. It was fairly easy and it just takes a while but I think it was worth the wait.
Adapated from Bread by Jeffrey Hamelman
Ingredients2 Lb of Bread Flour - 100%
1 Lb and 6.4 oz of Water - 70%
0.6 Oz of Salt - 1.8%
0.13 Ox of Instant Dry Yeast - 1.25%
- Mix all the ingredients together on low for about 3 minutes. Once the dough reaches about 70% hydration (it should be incorporated but fairly loose in texture). Mix for another 3 minutes to develop the gluten.
- Than increase the speed to medium until it becomes elastic.
- Let it rise for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. At about 50 minutes into the rise, take the dough and fold it over to release the air. I would fold it like a envelop :D. I did this every 50 minutes during the total 3 hours I let the dough to rise.
- Once the dough has fully grown, divide into 12-16 ounces pieces.
- First form a ball with the seams up and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes covered.
- Shape into baguettes and place on a baking sheet.
- Let it rise again for about 1.5 to 2 hours covered.
- Bake at 460 for 24 to 26 minutes.