Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blogger Secret Ingredient - Swiss Chard

This week's BSI challenge was hosted by Waisting Duxie.  Her choice for this "battle" was Swiss Chard.  May I say, I have never had this.  I had to research the use and the taste of it.  I settled on a pasta recipe.  This veggie contains quite a bit of Vitamin K, A, and C.  Since this is so healthy, I figured I'll go healthy all way.  So I finally had a chance to make a dent in my ever present whole wheat pasta in my pantry and I had to get some bacon.  Instead of going with the regular bacon, I got turkey bacon instead. 
 
Chard, Bacon, and Whole Wheat Pasta   
1 Box of Whole Wheat Pasta
6 Slices of Turkey Bacon
1 Bunch of Red Swiss Chard
1-2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano
 
Directions
  1. Cook the pasta until it is fully cooked.
  2. Saute the bacon until it is crispy.  Once it is cooked, let it drain on a paper towel.
  3. In the same pan, add the Swiss chard.  Cook until it wilts.
  4. Add the cooked pasta and bacon.
  5. Than add the Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
  6. Serve
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment