This week's BSI challenge was hosted by Waisting Duxie. Her choice for this "battle" was Swiss Chard. May I say, I have never had this. I had to research the use and the taste of it. I settled on a pasta recipe. This veggie contains quite a bit of Vitamin K, A, and C. Since this is so healthy, I figured I'll go healthy all way. So I finally had a chance to make a dent in my ever present whole wheat pasta in my pantry and I had to get some bacon. Instead of going with the regular bacon, I got turkey bacon instead.
Chard, Bacon, and Whole Wheat Pasta
1 Box of Whole Wheat Pasta
6 Slices of Turkey Bacon
1 Bunch of Red Swiss Chard
1-2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Cook the pasta until it is fully cooked.
- Saute the bacon until it is crispy. Once it is cooked, let it drain on a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the Swiss chard. Cook until it wilts.
- Add the cooked pasta and bacon.
- Than add the Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Parmigiano-Reggiano.