I have a bunch of postings I have been meaning to post for a while. I'm sorry about the picture, I had to use my old point at shoot at the time. It has been a while since I posted an misadventure. I have a few of them I still have to post :D. This time, I kinda just made up the recipe. I used a basic suman recipe but I poured coconut milk over the whole thing. I thought i would turn into biko, negative. Though The Husband liked it it didn't have the look I wanted. Here is my working version of Biko.
(in working process)
3 Cups of Sweet Rice cooked
2 Can of Coconut Milk
1-2 Cups of Sugar (it depends on how sweet you want it)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Take the cooked rice and place it in a large wok or skillet
- Pour in 1 can of the coconut milk and the sugar to taste.
- Mix together until it because sticky and well incorporated.
- Spread over a buttered pan (8x13 about, if you want it to be thicker, 9x9)
- Pour the other can of coconut milk over it and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the top browns.
*In the normal recipe, there is eggs but I was trying to make it vegan or close to it.
I'm going to try to make this again with a few changes.
Sorry about the picture :(