I can't seem to get enough of the sugar donut muffin. This is my their attempt at them and they came out much better. It turned out more muffin like instead of a donut but it ws as good. I was actually in California when I made them. This is how maybe more posts I have to do :D. It was more dense than my initial batch. Mainly the kids was eating it. The Mother just looked at me weird when I made it. Obviously, she is not a donut person.
Blueberry Sugar Muffins
(influenced by Baking Bites)
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 1/2 Cups of Flour (All purpose)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Milk
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1/2 Cup of Dried or Fresh Blueberries (I used Dried)
Sugar for Rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk, vanilla extract and blueberries
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups lightly greased, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.