I don’t believe Christmas is so close. I swear it was just the beginning of summer! April at Abby’s Sweets is hosting this wonderful challenge called 12 Weeks of Christmas cookies. Instead of 12 days, we are counting the weeks before Christmas. Check out the other recipes here.
Basic Peanut Butter Cookie
(Adapted from Simple Recipes)
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of Butter – Room Temp
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
1 1/4 Cup of Flour
3/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
*my Add – 2 Cups of Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Whip the sugars and butter together until it becomes cream.
- Add the peanut butter and egg until it is completely incorporated.
- While that is mixing, shift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add it to the wet ingredients.
- When that is fully mixed, slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for at least and hour to chill.
- Once it is chilled, scoop out 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.