I kept telling myself that I will be on time, I will be on time. Instead I am late :D. This daring bakers challenge was hosted by Elissa and Jen. Originally I was going to try both challenges but I ran out of time like always. A normal occurrence for me and I have a confession.....I kinda cheated :D. I bought ice cream. I did make the base. I did a basic brownie base and topped it with vanilla and coffee ice cream. For the ice cream I used Haagen Dazs five ingredients.
(Adapted from Taste of Home)
5 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (8 ounces) baking cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Shift together all the dry ingredients. You are able to prep this ahead of time and store it in an air tight container.
- Add the egg one at a time to the dry ingredients and than the remainder of the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a 8 inch greased pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the ice cream soften slightly and spread over the brownies.
- Let it freeze overnight.
- Remove from the pan and than slice into 1 inch cubes put back into the freezer to set.
- Make your favorite ganache recipe. (I eye balled my recipe, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of 1/2 and 1/2 and than 2 hand fulls of chocolate.)
- Take out the frozen cubes and dip.
- Place back in the freezer to set and than serve.
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract