This month's theme was ginataan, this was hosted by Anthea and Asha. There are so many takes on ginataan, savory and sweet. Ginataan is any dish made of coconut milk. With my sweet tooth, I went with a sweet dish.
Ginataan with Bilo Bilo and Sweet Potatoes
1 Sweet Potato Chopped in 1/2 Inch Chunks
2-3 Plantains Bananas in 1/2 Inch Slices
Bilo Bilo (Recipe Below)
2 Cans of Coconut Milk
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Cups of Water
Tapioca (I wish we had some, but we didn't :( )
- Create a simple syrup with sugar and water in a medium stock pot.
- Once the simple syrup is brought to a boil, add the coconut milk.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add the sweet potato.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the tapioca by directed
- Cook until it becomes tender and add the banana.
- Add the bilo bilo and the tapioca.
- When the bilo bilo rises, it is cooked.
1 box of Mochiko
Water to texture
- Pour the mochiko into a large bowl
The current members are:
Trish - Sugarlace
Trissa - Trissalicious
Olive - Home Cooking and Baking
Caroline - When Adobo Met Feijoada
Acdee - Confession Nook
Valerie – A Canadian Foodie
Divina – Sense and Serendipity
Anna - Second Helpings
Dahlia - Energetic Chef
Maribel – foodgeek's diary
Jen - Jen at Work
Malaka – The Grand International
Mimi – La Pinche Cocinera
Erika – The Ivory Hut