Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Baked Pancakes topped with Blueberries (Sort of a Misadventure)


So today's post is a misadventure just because I can't find the recipe I used.  You know when you are cooking, especially when you are making up new recipes, you tend to forget to write down the recipe?  I tell myself I will write it down or create a post sooner than later, but it just doesn't happen. These pictures are actually a couple months old and I meant to post them but never had the chance until today.  And when I went to look for the recipe in my Google docs, I could not find it.  I apologize for that.  As soon as I find it, I will post the recipe.

These are the ingredients I remember using:
Melted butter
Whole wheat flour
Brown sugar
Eggs
Maybe Baking Powder.

Directions
  1. Pre-heat the oven @350F
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a blender until combined.
  3. Coat a 10 inch skillet with the melted butter.
  4. Pour the batter into the skillet, pop into the oven, and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.


The pancake had a cake-like texture.  

I do remember the blueberry compote I used :D  

Blueberry Compote
(adapted from Epicurious)
2 1/2 Cup of Frozen Blueberries, thawed.  Fresh works too.
1/3 Cup of Sugar
1/3 Cup of Water

Directions
  1. Combine all the ingredients except for 1 cup of the blueberries in a medium saucepan.
  2. Cook over medium heat until it starts to boil and reduce to a low heat to simmer.  Stir often.
  3. Add the other cup of blueberries 10 minutes into the simmer process.
  4. When the sauce coats the spoon, about 8 minutes, you're done! Serve warm.


I wish I remembered the recipe.  I want some.
The Daughter couldn't wait to dig in.  BTW, the bangs were the result of The Mother, who wanted to cut her hair.  She is not allowed to be by The Daughter with scissors anymore.  

6 comments:

  1. Hey its blueberry day! I totally have old pics I mean to post and misplaced recipes. hope you find it soon, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a baked pancake. I hate standing over the griddle cooking pancakes while everybody else eats them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe or no recipe, it looks good and your daughters bangs are cute. You make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your baked pancake looks delicious, especially with that compote!
    and your little one is precious!!
    thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love pancakes:)
    Thanks for the beautiful post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is precious! We all do it - the part where we say we'll write it down but don't! Looks like the kid liked it and she seems to have been the target audience :)

    ReplyDelete