The one thing about summer I love about summer is that we are able to grill. I love the different things we could do with a grill. Since it was The Brother's birthday, we decided to use our smoker. We got it last year and we only used it once. So this time, we made brisket. I was hoping this posting would be for blogger secret ingredient but I posted it too late, yet again :D. I got away with uses no BBQ sauce for the brisket and the ribs. It was all gone by the end of the night. We started cooking the brisket around 8 in the morning and we didn't take it out until almost 4 in the afternoon. It was worth the wait. The ribs I started around 10 and I slow baked them for about 3 hours. The Husband was surprised I didn't use any BBQ sauce for the ribs :D. It was all dry rub.
No Sauce needed Brisket
5 Lbs of Brisket
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
*Equal parts of the rest of the ingredients
- Mix all the spices including the coffee together.
- Complete rub the brisket with the dry rub.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before placing it into the smoker.
- Let it cook for 5-6 hours (1 Hour per pound of meat)
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and Enjoy the meaty goodness.
See that crust, you know you want some.
Who needs BBQ Sauce Ribs
2 Lbs of Baby Back ribs
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
Instant Coffee (I love coffee)
(These measurements were person preference. I put more garlic powder than anything)
- Mix together the sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the coffee.
- Rub the Ribs completely until it is well covered.
- Bake at 250F for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes covered under a foil tent.
HMMMMMM! I want some now. I wish there was leftovers.
The baby loved it. She was double fisting the last two and eating it while lying down on the couch.