As part of my Pantry Clean-up Challenge, I figured I'll start calling it this. I had a whole block of guava paste that is in dire need of being cooked. I searched so many recipes and I settled on a guava bundt cake from a Hawaiian education website.
Guava Bundt Cake
(Adapted from The University of Hawaii System)
1 1/2 Stick of Butter
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Cups of Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
8-10 Oz of Guava Paste
*Pinch of Salt (my add)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Take the butter and start creaming it in the mixer. Slowly add the sugar a little at a time.
- Once that is fully incorporated, add the eggs one at a time than the vanilla.
- Shift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients.
- Microwave the paste for a minute or two to soften. Add the paste to the mixture. (The original recipe stated to put slices of the paste in the middle of the cake but I preferred if it was mixed through out.)
- There may be chunks but that is OK. Pour the mixture into a prepared bundt pan.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked.
- Slice and Serve :D
*PS I realized I was suppose to use corn flour and not corn meal this week so I'm -1 for the pizza.