Lijit

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Added to my recipe box 4-30-10

This past weekend I was thinking of making a cheesecake.  The Best Friend (Girl) mentioned cheesecake and since then I have been craving for one.  Unfortunately, I cave to peer pressures especially when food is involve.  Daydreamer Desserts made some Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.  When I found this recipe, I thought perfect!  I still have frozen strawberries and I have been wanting a cheesecake for a week.  I might add some graham crackers for the texture.
 
One blog I totally admire is No Special Effects.  Her images are so great.  I wished I was able to compose a photograph as well as she does.  This week she made a Almond-Lemon Tea Cake.  Her images just made me crave this cake.  I also liked the combination of orange and lemon as a glaze for the cake. 
 
This week Bake at 350 made a milk chocolate pretzel tart.  Not an ordinary chocolate tart but one that uses pretzel.  The great part is the use of sea salt as a topping.  I don't remember what I was watching but I saw this television show describing the benefits of adding salt to desserts.  This recipe reminded me of that television show. 
 
As some of you know I find making bread a challenge.  I would try a recipe of multiple recipes of the same bread many times until I get it just like I want it.   It may take up to 10 tries as it did with my Pan de Sal attempt but I try not to give up.  Honey and Butter made Baguettes this week.  I didn't realized how little ingredients there were.  I can't wait to try this. 
 
I have been admiring Tartelette's blog for a long time.  This week she made a Savory Green, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Tart.  She made her own puff pastry.  She totally inspired me to try it also. I have to cross my fingers and toes that it will come out edible.  Than she topped the puff pastry with tomatoes, arugula, and goat cheese.  I had to save the recipe by the shear beauty of the food.
 
There was a lot of recipes I added and I found another bread recipe.  This time, I have never had this.  I actually never heard if them until Oggi from I Can Do That! posted.  The breads are Monay, Pinagong, and Putok.  It starts with the same dough but the toppings or the shapes are different.  We will see :D



No comments:

Post a Comment