Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Espasol

I had one more post in me today!
This is one dessert I did actually have until I was older.  We went to visit The Parents out in California and The Mother made some for us. 
1. It looks funny
2. You would think it would be dry like porvoron (btw as soon as I get the form, I'm making some)
When I had it, I was hooked.  It was soft, moist, and slightly chewy.  When myself or The Husband tries to explain it, we call it doughy goodness.  So I had to look up in Wikipedia (yes I did say Wikipedia).  
The definition is this: 
Espasol is a cylinder-shaped Filipino rice cake originating from the province of Laguna. It is made from rice flour cooked in coconut milk and sweetened coconut strips, dusted with toasted rice flour (Wikipedia, 2010).  Yes I cited it, I'm totally in school mode. 
Why didn't I think of that, rice cakes.  DRRRRRRRR
I loved it so much, The Mother actually gave me the recipe.  I would love to share but The Mother would hunt me down.  Sorry  :(.  But there is rice flour and coconut milk.  It is one of those things you don't realize you ate a handful until it is gone.
Wikipedia(2010).  Espasolwww.wikipedia.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment