Lijit

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grilled Pork Loin Over Vermicelli

Vietnamese Grilled Pork Loin Over Vermicelli



In my exploration of healthy eating, I decided to make some Vietnamese food.  Most of the dishes is made with fresh vegetables.  I am able to add or subtract anything I don't like.  We had some left over noodles, roasted pork loin, Romain lettuce, and cilantro from our adventure with Spring Rolls.  I just reused the ingredients into this meal.  My only effort was to make the Nuoc man (the fish dipping sauce) and re-grill the meat.  We didn't slice up all the meat when we made the Spring Rolls, especially since there was bone-in pieces.  The Husband sliced up the meat while I made the sauce.  We reheated the noodles and sliced up the lettuce.  There should be more vegetables but it was way too cold to go out (I love Chicago Winters...do you hear the sarcasm?  I hope you do). 

Ingredients for the Dish
Grilled sliced meat of choice (pork, beef, chicken, or shrimp)
            * the recipe for the marinate is on the Spring Roll Entry
A package of vermicelli noodles or desired amount (we only used 1/2 since there is only 2.5 of us eating - yes the baby is only 1/2 :D)
Shredded Roman Lettuce
Garnish *mint or cilantro (this is what we used)
Carrots Julianne style *I wish we had some
Sliced Cucumber *Again we ran out
Sliced Tomatoes *We ran out, we really need to go to the store

Directions
Once the marinated meat is sliced and grilled, set it aside.  We used a skillet but using a grill would be so much better.  Than again it was 10 degrees last night and we were not about to go outside.  *Sigh......wishful thinking of moving somewhere warm*  Sorry I'm back :D.  boil a pot of water and place the noodles once the water is boiling.  The noodles should be cooked within a couple of minutes.  Drain and place in a deep bowl or multiple bowls.  Place the shredded roman lettuce and the rest of the vegetables if you have them (again I wish we did).  Place pieces of the meat on top.  It will pretty much look like this:

 * It would have been better with more veggies...*shaking fist*... I hate snow!

On the side is the Nuoc mam cham sauce.  It was pretty simple to make.  I was actually surprised. 
Ingredients
1 Cup of Water
4 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
4 Tablespoons of Sugar
5 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Garlic *finely chopped
2 Fresh small chili peppers *I can't handle spice stuff so I opted out on this ingredient.

Directions
Boil the water with the vinegar and sugar.  Once it comes to a boil, turn off the stove and allow it to cool.  Add the garlic, peppers, and the fish sauce.  That is it.  Simple huh?  

To eat 
Pour a little of the sauce into the bowl, mix well, and consume. 

This was my lunch too, it is still as good.  I still had a spring roll left, so myself and The Baby shared it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment