I finally got motivated the other day and sat down with her to make a fish game. I wanted do something educational and that she could play with again. I got this idea from the Disney Website but I did alter the game just slightly.
4-5 sheets of different colored felt
27 little magnets
Glitter Glue or Puffy Paint
Stickers to Decorate the fish (I used felt stickers)
A piece of ribbon
A Stick (I actually used one of The Brothers Mallets)
A Paper Clip (I ran out of paper clips so I used one of The Daughter’s Barrett)
- Cut out fish from the felt. I didn’t have a guide so some of my kinda looks funny. I made them about 3 inches long and about 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall. You need 26 fish. I didn’t do the numbers just yet.
- Glue a magnate to each of the fish. Let it dry.
- Use the glitter glue to write out a letter on each fish.
- Decorate with the stickers.
- Tie the ribbon to the stick to create a fishing pole.
- Tie the paper clip to the end of the ribbon.
- Have Fun!
Try to scatter the fish so they are not in the order of the alphabet.
I used The Son’s towel since it was blue
The Daughter had fun putting the stickers. She didn’t always agree on what Mommy said
I had to put her a little higher to make it harder to get the fish
Every time she got a new fish, I would quiz her on what letter it was. I hope that fish she plays this enough, she will start recognizing the alphabet.