I have been meaning to post this since Tuesday but work got in the way. The day job always gets in the way. As you guys I have been wanting bread. One thing I have been craving has been Cinnamon rolls or pecan rolls. Unfortunately, I am not able to making pecan rolls due to someone’s allergy and I keep forgetting to get cream cheese for cinnamon rolls. I found something that fulfill my craving for a second…..Monkey Bread. There are multiple versions but this is one that I found that works well.
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbs of Cinnamon
2 Tbs of Butter
1 Stick of Butter
1 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tbs of Corn Syrup
*Nuts optional – I like pecans in this
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Mix the topping ingredients all together to create a paste. Spread the topping on the bottom of a pan, I used a Bundt pan for this.
- Take the biscuit dough and cut them into 1/2 circle slices. You could use any type of them. I think I used the extra flaky one this time.
- Place one layer of the biscuit dough on the top of the topping.
- Take the butter from the filling and place small pieces on various parts of the biscuit dough than sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you run out of biscuits.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the biscuits are fully cooked.
- Flip on a serving platter and EAT!
On to the recognitions part….
Now to my winner for the $55 CSN gift card
Thank you to everybody that gave me a bread recipe. I had a hard decision who would win. There was a few recipes I totally loved. I will be trying all the different recipes. The winner is……
Victoria’s Focaccia Recipe from Mission foods.
Thank you so much for entering.
Finally, I was honored in being recognized by Chef D last week . Thank you so much! It is wonderful to be recognized. With work and school, I finally got the chance to post this. She gave me the Stylish Blogger Award!
Now down to business.
7 things about me
- I read quite a bit. I could probably read 3 books a week if I am given 2 hours each night. I tend to read before I attempt to think about my homework. If I had an Ebook on my laptop…guess what I’m dong at work. Ok not really but it would be tempting.
- I used to refuse to learn how to cook. I was only allowed to peel and chop. I would get lectured by my Lola telling me that I would need to learn how to cook. I would just stick up my nose and say “well I’ll just have to marry someone that could cook”. I should have thought more into that and said that my future husband could and liked to cook.
- If I didn’t marry The Husband, I probably wouldn’t have gotten married. I’m way to stubborn and independent that no other guy could tolerate it. The Husband probably likes being tortured and tormented.
- I don’t believe I will ever figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I keep going back to school and try different classes. I will probably turn into a professional student.
- There are some days that I will sit on the couch for hours (and I mean 8+ hours) and just watch TV. This totally contradicts the next one. The Husband just looks at me and shakes his head. He sometimes if it went excessively long, he would shove me off the couch but I would get a dirty look when I would just go to our love seat. Yeah I’m lazy.
- I have a slight case of ADD. This generally comes out when I actually have a task that I need to complete like work, homework, and sometimes cooking. I multiple task so much that I sometimes forget what my original task was. This becomes an issue when my house is filled with smoke and I totally forgot what I put in the oven. The daughter is getting used to hearing the fire alarm in my house.
- I am very sarcastic and I have a bad habit of being on the me. If I’m mean, that actually means I care about you. It is like the boy in grade school and they would punch a girl when they like them. Teasing is my method of showing affection.
15 Bloggers I would like to recognize
The Cooking Photographer
I can do that
Cookies and Cups
More than a Mount Full
Have Cake, Will Travel
Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
The Ivory Hut
And of course my friend that influenced while lecturing me Blondie’s Cakes