I knew that chocolate was an aphrodisiac food. That is probably why people love them so much. I know I crave them on a regular basis. What I didn’t know is that pineapple was one too according to the Gourmet Sleuth. I was craving pineapple upside down cake for a good month to a month and a half. I took advantage of the theme to fulfill my cravings.
I initially made the Chocolate Pan de Sal since I had to make some Cheese Pan de Sal earlier that day.
Chocolate Pan de Sal
1 Cup of Warm Water
3 Tsp of Yeast
1 Tsp of Sugar
4 Cups of Bread Flours
4 Tbls of Butter
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tsp of Salt
Milk Chocolate pieces
- Bloom the yeast in the warm water and the 1 tsp of sugar in your mixing bowl.
- Once it starts to bubble, add the rest of the ingredients and mix at a low speed.
- Increase the speed to a medium speed until it is well incorporated and slightly elastic.
- Remove from the mixer and let it rise for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Start portioning out the dough into smaller balls.
- Roll out the balls into a thick disk and place a few chocolate pieces into the center. Bring up the sides to create a bun.
- Place on a baking sheet and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
- When the dough balls double in size, place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
The other dish I decided to make pineapple upside down cake. I was able to try a recipe I have been dying to try since I read it on Busog! Sarap! She posted this recipe from Betty Q’s. I have been trying to update my chiffon recipe for a while but I haven’t had the chance to try this recipe. I am in love with this recipe. The cake was light but firm. I loved how it buoyant the cake was. This is my general test for all cake recipes. The Mother’s is good but this slightly better. I did add 1/4 cup of pineapple juice to the cake recipe for the taste.
1 Can of Pineapples slices (I should have used a can and a 1/2)
1/2 Jar of Maraschino Cherries.
1/2 Cup of Melted Butter
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- Prepare the cake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a 13x9 pan, coat the bottom with the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Place the pineapples evenly throughout the pan and place the cherries in between the pineapples.
- Bake for 45 Minutes or until the cake is done.
- Let it cool and start releasing the sides of the pan.
- Flip to a serving platter and enjoy.
See what I mean about the cake. I am going to try this as mamon next time I am craving some.
Kulinarya was started by a group of Filipino foodies living in Sydney, who are passionate about the Filipino culture & its colourful cuisine.
Each month we will showcase a new dish along with their family recipes. By sharing these recipes, we hope you find the same passion and love for Filipino Food as we do. Check out the other members take on this theme.
Kath – http://www.acupcakeortwo.com/
Trisha – http://sugarlace.com/
Trissa – http://trissalicious.com/
Olive – http://www.latestrecipes.net/
Caroline – http://whenadobometfeijoada.blogspot.com/
Ninette – http://bigboldbeautifulfood.blogspot.com/
Asha – http://forkspoonnknife.blogspot.com/
Malou – http://www.skiptomalou.net/
Cherrie – http://www.sweetcherriepie.com
Acdee – http://acdee.blogspot.com/
Valerie – http://www.acanadianfoodie.com/
Sheryl – http://crispywaffle.com/
Divina – http://www.sense-serendipity.com/
Anna – http://www.anniesfoodjournal.blogspot.com/
Dahlia – http://www.energychef.blogspot.com/
Joy – http://joyjoycreativeoutlet.blogspot.com/
Maribel – http://www.foodgeek.webs.com/
Jen – http://www.jen-at-work.blogspot.com/
Pia – http://bisayajudkaayo.blogspot.com/
Malaka – http://thegrandinternational.com.
Mimi – http://lapinchecocinera.blogspot.com
Erika – http://ivoryhut.com/
Kat – http://twitter.com/alanokat
Lala – http://thislittlepiggywenttothemarket.blogspot.com/
Selfie – http://eats.sefiebee.com/
Connie Veneracion frm http://homecookingrocks.com/
Oggi from http://oggi-icandothat.blogspot.com/
Katrina Kostik from http://lardonmyfrench.blogspot.com/
Rochelle Ryan from http://www.whydiss.blogspot.com/
Marica – http://cuppycreme.blogspot.com
Diona – http://titaflips.blogspot.com/
Rowena - http://saraplicious.blogspot.com
Theodore – http://chefbyday.wordpress.com/
Gianna – http://the-empty-fridge.blogspot.com/
Mireille – http://dirtyicecreaminyourlunchbox.blogspot.com/
Marishka – http://rishka.multiply.com/
Annapet – http://moonglowgardens.wordpress.com/
Boyet – http://reelandgrill.blogspot.com/
Adora – http://adorasbox.net
Yaz – http://whoatemytomato.wordpress.com
Marvin – http://www.eatmarvin.com