Lijit

Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

For the 8th Day of Christmas, I give to thee

Macarons

IMG_3540

Nutella Macarons to be exact.  Since I made nutella, I had to use some of it for a filling.  How could I not?  I also made a chocolate macaron as the shell.  I wish I had hazelnut flour but unfortunately, I didn’t have any in the house.  I had to use almond flour instead. 

Nutella Macarons

(adapted the basic macaron recipe from From Ba to Paris)

188 g of Almond Flour

188 G of Confectionary Sugar

70 G of Egg Whites

10-15 G of Cocoa Powder *My add

Syrup

188 G of Sugar

57 G of Water

70 G of Egg Whites

Directions

  1. Place the Sugar and water for the syrup into a large pot and bring to a boil.  Cook until it reaches a soft ball stage.
  2. When you notice that the temp of the syrup is close to the soft ball stage, start whipping up one set of egg whites.  The egg whites need to be frothy when you add the syrup.
  3. When the syrup reaches soft ball, slowly add it to the whipping egg whites.
  4. Whip until it reaches soft peaks.
  5. While the egg whites is whipping, , place the almond flour, confectionary sugar, and cocoa powder into a food process and mix well.
  6. When the dry ingredients is well incorporated, fold in the second set of egg whites to create a paste. 
  7. When the first set of egg whites reaches soft peaks, remove from the mixer and gently add in the almond paste.
  8. Once it is fully incorporated, start to really mix it until it creates a ribbon like batter.
  9. Place the batter into a piping bag. 
  10. Pipe out quarter size disks on parchment paper.
  11. Bake this at 310F for about 13-15 minutes
  12. Allow it to cool than fill.

I used my nutella recipe and the filling. 

 

IMG_3538

11 comments:

  1. Nice work, Joy! They look amazing. Fortunately, almond flour is pretty neutral so I bet the hazelnut/nutella flavour still really comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella always make me smile. These macaroons look perfect! Thank you for sharing such great treats with me. I hope your week is full of love, joy and good food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you made Nutella was awesome, but then macarons with homemade Nutella in them?! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cookies. I'm sure they taste amazing as well!
    Where do you purchase almond flour? Is it similar to ground almonds? Or is it closer in texture to regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally impressive! It doesn't get any better than macarons done to perfection with homemade Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your macarons with homemade nutella sounds really addicitive. They look so delicious and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love Nutella!! These macarons look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous macs and pretty feet.Love Nutella in there...mmm! Happy Holidays Joy!

    ReplyDelete