Do you ever get in the mood where you feel like eating nothing really? Or else nothing is appealing? When I’m in those moods, I’m bad and resort to a lot of fast food. McD’s and Culvers are my best friends :D. I don’t know why. These are the signs I’m still on a creative block. Maybe seeing my parents will get me out of it. So about after a week of junk foods, I figured I had to eat something somewhat healthy. I figured I’ll make some of my mom’s lettuce wraps. I like this quite a bit but The Husband complains when I make it too much. It actually hit the spot. I can’t wait until I get out of this funk. My weight can’t handle all the burgers (Yes, I’m that bad).
1 lb of Ground Turkey (my mom uses Chicken)
3-4 Tbs of Grated Ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take a large sauce pot or stock pot and fill it 2/3 way of water.
- Add the grated ginger.
- Bring the water the a boil
- Drop the ground turkey and once it starts to float, it is cooked.
- Drain the meat of any water and season with the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Serve with lettuce and condiments like Hoisin sauce (my favorite) or Chili Sauce like Tuong Ot Toi.