He started working 3rd shift on Wed so he was only responsible cooking one meal since I generally make enough for 2 days. His first attempt was Sinigang. I prepped the meat in the morning by putting it in the slow cooker and he did the rest.
The Husband's Sinigang
1 Lb of Beef Butt (That is what we had in the freezer, stew meat is better)
2 Potatoes In 1 Inch Cubes.
1 Clove Garlic Minced
4 Green Onions
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Slice up the meat into 1 inch cubes and place in the slow cooker.
- Slice up onions and add it to the slow cooker with enough water to cover.
- Cook for about 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Place the meat once it is cooked into a large stock pot.
- Add the tamarind paste to taste, garlic, and juice the lemon. You may want to add more lemon juice or tamarind.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, add the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes become tender, add the bok choy, salt and pepper to taste, and green onions
It doesn't look too bad