Have you ever hit a wall when you blog? I hit that wall not too long ago. Nothing seemed to inspired me or if it did, I did not have the effort to try the recipe. I couldn’t come up with new recipes and I even slacked in the various challenges I participate in. You know how I got out of it? I bugged The Husband to make cookies. When we first met, he made these amazing cookies (yes, He could actually bake). Keep in mind it only happened twice. Since then, he has forgotten the recipe. I come to realized that it was actually the Neiman Marcus cookies. This is after me bugging him for weeks to make them. He confessed it was that recipe.
After hours of begging along with The Daughter saying: Cookie, Cookie, Cookie. He made some. He did adjust by what we had in the pantry.
1 Stick of Butter at Room temp
1 Cup of Brown sugar
3 Tbl of Sugar
1 Large Egg
2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1-3/4 cups of Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1-1/2 Tsp of Turkish Instant Coffee (This has been in the freezer for the last 2 years because of The Father)
1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chips
1/2 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cream the butter with the Sugars.
- Shift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the egg into the butter mixture.
- Slowly add in the drying ingredients into the bowl with the egg and butter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.
- Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees.
- Scope about 2 tablespoon cookies – keep them about an inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes
* He normally uses Semi-sweet Chucks and Macadamia nuts but The Daughter is allergic to all nuts so we had remove those.
I think I should get him to bake more often :D