Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

I’m Spent

Have you ever hit a wall when you blog?  I hit that wall not too long ago.  Nothing seemed to inspired me or if it did, I did not have the effort to try the recipe.  I couldn’t come up with new recipes and I even slacked in the various challenges I participate in.  You know how I got out of it?  I bugged The Husband to make cookies.  When we first met, he made these amazing cookies (yes, He could actually bake).  Keep in mind it only happened twice.  Since then, he has forgotten the recipe.  I come to realized that it was actually the Neiman Marcus cookies.  This is after me bugging him for weeks to make them.  He confessed it was that recipe. 

 

After hours of begging along with The Daughter saying: Cookie, Cookie, Cookie.  He made some. He did adjust by what we had in the pantry.

 

Neiman Marcus cookie

1 Stick of Butter at Room temp

1 Cup of Brown sugar

3 Tbl of Sugar

1 Large Egg

2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract

1-3/4 cups of Purpose Flour

1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder

1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda

1/2 Tsp salt

1-1/2 Tsp of Turkish Instant Coffee (This has been in the freezer for the last 2 years because of The Father)

1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips

1/2 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chips

1/2 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions

  1. Cream the butter with the Sugars.
  2. Shift the dry ingredients together.
  3. Add the egg into the butter mixture.
  4. Slowly add in the drying ingredients into the bowl with the egg and butter.
  5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  6. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.
  7. Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees.
  8. Scope about 2 tablespoon cookies – keep them about an inch apart.
  9. Bake for 20 minutes

* He normally uses Semi-sweet Chucks and Macadamia nuts but The Daughter is allergic to all nuts so we had remove those. 

IMG_2983

I think I should get him to bake more often :D

13 comments:

  1. Cute post, nice job hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute, I should try to get my hubby to make me some cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Sorry about the wall! But the cookies sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hubby did a good job! These cookies look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. since I've started blogging, I've only made cookies once, Oatmeal cookies. I used to make cookies all of the time, and then I discovered
    CUPCAKES. My cookie sheets are lonely, so I'll keep this recipe close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to discover that a "secret" recipe isn't so secret after all. Those cookies look delicious. You'll have to get your husband baking more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, cookies always work for me. These sound so good!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Neiman Marcus cookies--they never fail to please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these cookies! I got the recipe from a coworker at Christmas time a few years back and they have become a staple Christmas cookie at our house. Definitely inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love these cookies too. Definitely get him in the kitchen again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get that once a year and I take a break, sometimes for months and months.:)

    Your H did a great job! The cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete