The other day, I was looking for a snack and I found a canister of macadamia nuts! I thought I actually ate all of them. I decided to make a tart using some of the pans I "stole" from my mom. I referenced a simple pecan pie recipe from All recipes. I love macadamia nuts and I generally use them in a pie crust but I wanted to try them as a filling. Since pecan pie is only of my favorite, especially when my cousin makes the mini ones.
3 Cups of Flour
3 Cups of Sweeten Coconut or even coconut flour (if you use the Coconut flour, you could increase the amount to 5 and have 1 cup of flour)
1/2 to 3/4 Cup of Butter
4 Tb of Sugar
- Ground the flour, coconut, and sugar in a food processor. *The coconut needs to be finer in texture than right out of the bag.
- Add the butter. Start with 1/2 of cup and increase if there is a need for more butter.
- When it is well incorporate and the mixture will bind together well, press it into the tart mold.
- Set aside.
1 Cup of Corn Syrup
3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
3 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Jar of Macadamia Nuts
1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
- Take the Macadamia nuts and ground it slightly, I used a food processor and used the pulse function until it is in small pieces. These are for mini tarts so the pieces can't be too large.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is well incorporated, add the nuts.
- Pour them into the prepared tart pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.