Growing up, I didn't really have ceral or oatmeal but champorado. It is a porridge type dish. It is made with sweet rice, powder coco, either condense milk or milk and sugar. Growing up this was my dail breakfast with some bacon. Hmmmm bacon. The Mother used to have champorado with a side of fried fish. It is a great breakfast! Even now, I had this everyday during my pregnancy and after I gave birth. I guess it was a type of comfort food for me.
1 Cup Sweet Rice
1 Tbs Coco powder *You could add more if you want more
1 to 1 1/2 Cup of Water
Condense milk or Milk and Sugar *to your taste
- Bring the water to a boil
- Pour the rice into the water.
- Once the rice is tender, it takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Take some of the water from the rice and put it into a small bowl. Add the coco and mix. This allows the coco to melt an become a liquid without lumps.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the pot and mix.
- Add the milk to your desired taste
Now The Daughter even loves it for Breakfast
What is the comfort food you would still try want as an adult?