Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Marmalade Glazed Pork Chops

I been so behind on the various topics I wanted to write about.  I experiment all the time and I do make the effort to take pictures but sometimes it just drops from there.  I know it is bad but some of my experiments are not as exciting to write about or that I can't seem to find where I stored the pictures.  So I have finally cleaned up my IPOD.  I do store everything on there, it is my mini hard-drive.  Hopefully I will be getting to my older items I wanted to post.  If you see a difference in picture quality it was mainly do to my old camera going to my point-n-shoot and finally using a new camera.  Oh yeah, I finally got another camera.  I love it.  I did stick with another Canon.  I couldn't help it, I have a nice lens from my other Canon so I was stuck buying another one.  So back to the topic, I generally try to make different dinners each night.  Mainly, I experiment with the things I have in my pantry and so we won't get bored from them.  I found some pork chops in the back of the freezer and marmalade that I meant to use but never did.  *I do that alot, I have pounds of semisweet chocolate in my pantry, it is such a bad habit of mine.  If you have any suggestions in using my many, many bags I'm open to anything.  This is one of those dishes, I pulled out a random zip lock back of meat, not knowing exactly what I'm getting.  I was just hoping I was able to find something to make.  I was lucky and I found something that was edible.  
 
Ingredients
2 or 3 pork chops
Jar of Marmalade
1 Tbs of Olive Oil
 
Directions
  1. I seared the pork chops to create a nice crust using the olive oil.
  2. To finish up the cooking process, I put the pan into the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
  3. 5 minutes before the chops was about done (I used a meat thermometer to determine how well it is cook), I put a dollop of marmalade *it is up to you how much to use.
  4. I continue to cook the chops until the chops were cook fully and the marmalade became a nice glaze. 
 
Pretty easy huh!  I strive for easy for dinners, I get way to impatient to wait for dinner :D
 
For sides, I just made some oven-baked potatoes and green beans covered and I mean covered in garlic powder.  I have this thing with garlic.  I love the stuff!  
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment