My crust is actually not the traditional crust. I use a pie crust. I started to use this type of recipe in attempt to make it a little healthier. Every little bit helps, at least that is what I tell myself. Anyway, my recipe I actually don't use eggs like in all the traditional recipes. I even bake them instead of frying them. Here are the recipes:
1 1/4 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Add the butter and mix it in with the flour.
- Once it is all incorporated, add the salt and sugar.
1 Large Package of Bella Mushrooms or 10 portabella mushrooms *You could pick any type of mushrooms but I perferr the portabella types.
2 Medium Potatos
1 Cup of Peas
1/2 Cup of Dice Onions
2 Cloves of Garlic
- Take the potatoes and put them into a pot of boiling water.
- While waiting for the potatoes to soften, chop of the mushrooms into large chunks *keep in mind, they do shrink when cook.
- When the potatoes soften enough to be mashed, drain the water and mash the potatoes until it is very soft. You could add butter to assist in softening the potatoes
- Add the mushrooms and cook until it is tender
- Add the carrots and peas
- Add the mashed potatoes into the pan and than with salt and pepper.
(Adapted from The Perfect Pantry)
6 oz of Goat Cheese
1/3 Cups of Pitted Black Olives *I used Kalamenta Olives, it was a bit strong for this
1 Garlic CLove mashed
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients with the olives and fully incorporate the ingredients.
I totally cheat and use an empanada press. It allows me to be as consistant as possible.
- Roll out the dough into 1/3 inch thick discs
- Place the dough into the form
Goat Cheese and Olives
Kulinarya was started by a group of Filipinio bloggers living in Sydney, who are passionate about the Filipino culture and its cusines. Each month we will showcase a new dish along with their family recipes. By sharing these recipes, we hope you find the same passion and love for Filipino Food as we do.
If you are interested in joining our Kulinarya Cooking Club, please feel free to stop by our foodblog and leave a commnet - we would love to hear from you.
The current members are:
Trish - Sugarlace
Kath - A Cup Cake or Two
Trissa - Trissalicious
Olive - Home Cooking and Baking
Caroline - When Adobo Met Feijoada
Peach - The Peach Kitchen
Cusinera - Busog Sarap
Asha – Fork-Spoon -Knife
Malou - Skip to Malou
Cherrie – Sweet Cherrie Pie
Acdee - Confession Nook
Valerie – A Canadian Foodie
Bel – foodgeek's diary
Divina – Sense and Serendipity