Lijit

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Experiment #2 Longoniza


I have found multiple versions of Longoniza.  One problem we had was the lack of sausage casing and the thingie to insert the mixture into the casing.  So I went on a hunt for skinless longoniza.  The recipes I found range from including worshersire sauce to recipes that doesn't include sugar.  I picked certain aspects of each recipe I found and went with it.  If I had a meat grinder, I would use pork shoulder with a good amount of pork fat to add a better taste but this worked really well


Ingredients
1.5 lb ground pork
5 cloves garlic
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vingar
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
bread crumbs (just enough to bind)


1. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl. 


2. Take a small portion of the meat mixture and roll them out.





3. Finally fry them in a skillet with a little bit of oil.

4. Cook until the meat is throughly cooked.








Adjust the recipe as you like :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy! I read your blog once in a while, but now I'm a follower! How did you like your longaniza? I also tried making a skinless one and thought it had the tasty flavors without the huge amounts of grease. I'm going to give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete