Lijit

Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

More Birthday Fun

It has taken a couple of day but finally The Husband has a chance to celebrate my birthday.  Our schedules has been crazy with work, school for the both of us, and of course The Daughter.  He isn't known to keep a secrete so the day before he was going to surprised me, he told me he got tickets to Cirque de Soleil: Alegria.  I'm not really into Circuses due to a severe fear of clowns.  Yes, I completely understand I'm 30 years old and a mother but those people scare me out of my skin.  It the costume aspect.  And to answer a question that probably just popped up, yes, I HATE Halloween.  But I couldn't resist going to show mainly because that is my last name (OK part of my last name :D ).  I did get a kick of hearing my name multiple times.  I know that might sound weird and since it is more a reference toward the Spanish community, I still liked it.  The Daughter didn't like it as much as she fell asleep during the first 1/2 and tried to escape the second 1/2.  She liked the music but the acrobatics bored her.  Myself and The Husband loved it.  I can't believe how high some of the acrobatics got.  I feared for their safety *note to self, stop watching so much CSI
After the show, The Husband actually surprised me and reserved a table Leiffel Bistrot & Creperie.  It was OK.  It kinda confirmed my believe that I really just like french desserts.  I am not a big fan of wine sauces.  Probably because I am not a big drinker and it was a bit heavy for me.  But the dessert was the BOMB.  Sorry I just flashed back to the 90s.  The experience was great and I would go back but just to do appetizers and dessert.  We did have the tradition cheese plate too.  The Daughter immediately attached the grapes and we were left with cheese and apples.
Homemade Bread with a Garlic tomato dipping sauce
Braised Lamb Shank and Mashed potato
Crepes filled with Braised beef in a red wine sauce with pearl onions, mushrooms, and carrots
Puff Pastry filled with a vanilla custard and mix fruit compote
The dessert was so good, I would love to go back for the crepe version.

No comments:

Post a Comment