Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

No Food Friday Kinda - Progress

 


This post is does have to deal with food but actually how I got my kitchen more or less organized. It will always be a working progress but in the process I did find a way to re-purpose The Son’s baby food jars. The Husband calls me cheap but actually I hate wasting anything. I also recycle everything I could. If I could start a compose heap, I would. I don’t think The Husband would appreciate it. He might reconsider it if we get a garden.

Spice Baby Jars
(I couldn’t think of anything better)

  1. Once the pudgy baby finishes a jar, rinse it out really well and remove the lable. I set them aside until the end of the day - The Son eats up to 6 jars a day.
  2. Take the rinsed out jars with the lids into a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. This will help sterilize the jars for use. I boiled mine for about ½ an hour.
  3. Drain the water and than I take the extra step of washing them in the dishwasher.
  4. Fill the jar with the desired spices and label.

I like consistency so this way, all of my spices has the same container. I’m could be a little OCD at times.  I also like to be able to see how much is left  



 
I should have taken a before picture but trust me this is an improvement.
 
I even fixed my baking island.  Not perfect but getting there.  I'm trying to figure out where to put everything.
 


This is my extra pantry in my laundry room.  I have been banded from grocery shopping for a while.  My couponing helped create this monstrosity.  
 


 


 
Posted by Picasa


Now off to meal planning.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Karo :D Hey, I have a project idea! I say we paint the jar lids with chalk paint that way they look pretty and if you wanna change one out, you don't have to peel the icky sticker. I've been wanting to paint SOMETHING with chalk paint forever! Craft night? A productive one this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont have to ask me twice. I wonder if it would work with the baskets too.

    ReplyDelete