The new year is quickly approaching. It is the one day you are expected to party. When I was younger, I would throw a party and just make sure there was enough liquor to make sure everybody was very, very happy. Now, food is the main focus. How things has changed the older you get. I do find that for a new year party, appetizers are perfect choice. You could eat, mingle, and drink easily. When you need to make multiple small dishes, any help you could get is appreciated. As you may know, I have been using various tools to . I utilized the help of the Pillsbury Doughboy to make pepper and cheese pinwheels. The filling is similar to my Pimento Cheese recipe but I didn't have pimento cheese nor cheddar. I had roasted red peppers and velvita. Yep, velveeta. We have strange stuff in my house at times.
Pepper and cheese pinwheels
1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers
16 Oz of Velveeta Cheese
2 Cans of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix together the red peppers and cheese in a food processor or blender. It will become cheese spread.
- Take the cresent rolls and lay it flat retangle.
- Spread the cheese spread on the cresent dough.
- Roll up the sides to create a log.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Be careful, the spread may leak out
- Bake for 15-20 or until it is golden brown,
- Let it cool and serve.