This is the time of the year where the weather becomes colder and flu season begins. All you want is a large bowl of chicken noodle soup, especially the ones with the alphabets. I choose to pick Arroz Caldo as this month's theme for our cooking club. Arroz Caldo is the Filipino version of chicken noodle soup. I had to put a little twist to my normal recipe. How could I not? Instead of using chicken, I used short ribs. Does that make this dish called Arroz Short Ribs? I know that is just weird. I came up with this just when The Husband decided to slow cook some shorts ribs but had no idea what to do with it. It sat in my fridge for a couple of days until I decided to use it. It was pretty good and I would totally make it again.
Arroz Short Ribs
1 Lb Shorts Ribs
4 Cups of Sweet Rice
5 Cloves of Garlic Minced
10 Cups of Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- First cook the short ribs either in a slow boil for a couple of hours or in a slow cooker. The meat should be falling off the bone.
- Once the ribs are fully cooked, heat up a large dutch oven with a little oil.
- Add the garlic to start the cook and than the ribs including the bone (the bone provides so much flavor instead of adding powder flavoring.
- When the garlic starts to brown, add the rice and season. Let it toast slightly.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium to a medium-low heat.
- Cook for 15-20.
- Serve with green onions and toasted garlic (I love myself some toasted garlic).
Check out the other members posts.