There was a Groupon to have a month’s worth of weight loss help at a clinic in the area for half off! I heart Groupon. They were so helpful and answered all of my questions. The first leg of this “diet” was to just eat meat and green veggies for three days. My day would start with an orange and tea (no cream or sugar for coffee) than the rest of day was filled with eggs, veggies like spinach, meat, meat, and more meat. I just completed the first leg of the program and I was able to lose 4 lbs. 4 lbs! I’m so motivate to keep going. I do crave chocolate and cake btw.
Here is a few things I made over my meat and veggie binge
A simple spinach-jalapeño omelet and salad
Zucchini Pasta top with Lemon Shrimp (Recipe see below)
Carb free Skirt Steak Fajitas (I will post the recipe soon)
Egg White Frittata
I needed to put variation to my meals or I might have broken down and cheated. Here is my recipe for my shrimp “pasta” recipe.
Zucchini “Pasta” Top With Lemon Shrimp
Serves 1 (I was directed to measure everything out)
5 Already Cooked Shrimp Thawed
1 Clove of Garlic Diced
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Take the zucchini and use a peeler to make thin ribbons out of the veggie.
- Heat up a medium skillet and start cooking the garlic.
- Once the garlic started to cook, add the zucchini pasta.
- Season with the lemon pepper seasoning. Make sure the “pasta” is mixed to prevent burning.
- Once it is cooked and tender, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the thawed shrimp into the same pan and season with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook for only a couple of minutes or until it is hot and top the “pasta”.
Now I get to eat other foods within reason. Hopefully I could keep this momentum going. I still want a cupcake though.