It has been a while since I had a misadventure. Ok I lie, I have had some disastrous experiments but I have been too embarrassed to post them. This one is debatable whether if it is actually a misadventure. According to The Husband it is but my cousins told me they were ok. What really failed was my filling and the shape of the kolachy. I can’t seem to shape them correctly, they always open up or something. I don’t get why it keeps happens. Any tips would be helpful.
My Mom’s Kolachy recipe
1 Lb of Butter
1 Lb of Cream Cheese
4 Cups of Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together in the mixer.
- Slowly add the flour.
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut out small disks
- Spoon over the filling of choice and fold over the edges.
- Place on a cookie sheet and cook for about 15 minutes until it is golden brown
*I barely remember the measurements..sorry
8 Oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup of Blackberry Jam
Honey to taste
- Mix together the jam and ricotta cheese.
- Slowly add the honey until it is sweet enough for you.
- Set aside.
The husband said the filling was kinda dry. That is debatable.