(Influenced from Filipino Food Store)
3 1/2 Cups of Sweet Rice Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Cups of Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup of Mashed Ube (Purple sweet potato) *I use frozen
1/4 Cup of Diced Lanka (Jackfruit)
- Start heating the steamer until the water starts to boil.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and coconut milk.
- Divide it into three even parts.
- One bowl add the ube, in another bowl, add the lanka and a few drops of yellow dye, and leave the other one alone.
- Prepare the pan by lining the pan with the banana leaves and coat with butter for easy release.
- Pour the lanka filling first into the pan and steam for 15 minutes.
- When the first layer is set, add the white layer. Steam for another 15 minutes.
- When the white layer is set, add the ube layer. Cook again for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to release the sapin sapin from the banana leaves while it is still warm to prevent sticking.
- Top with toasted coconuts or cooked coconut milk.
It stuck a little on the bottom. Could you tell?
Check out the everybody’s other posts here.