I don’t know if you really qualify this as a Danish but that is the best way for me to describe the recipe. This is the last recipe I promised to post from my little Tea party. I really wanted to practice my croissant recipe again to get the procedure just right. I thought my original procedure was pretty close but I realized I needed the help of The Husband to roll out the dough. I don’t have enough arm strength to get the dough thin enough. The filling was a basic cream cheese filling topped with a calamansi curd.
*Roll it out as thin as possible, like 1/8 of an inch.
Cream cheese Filling
1 Package of Cream cheese
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tsp of Vanilla
Just mix all the ingredients until it is smooth.
1/2 Cup of Butter Diced
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Calamansi Juice
5 Eggs (Slightly beaten)
- Over a double Broiler, mix together the sugar, juice, and butter. Heat until the butter melted.
- Wisk in the eggs and continue to mix until it thickens
- Once it cooked, strain the mixture to remove any chunks.
- Let it cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Roll out 3 inch squares of the croissant dough and place into a muffin tin.
- Put a dollop of cream cheese filling than top with the curd.
- Brush the sides with an egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and Serve