Here was the menu:
Eyeball meatballs - Embutido Style
Witch Finger Pan de Sal
Fried "Mummy" Vegetarian Egg Rolls
It was fun going with a theme. Since I was not able to take pictures of the final setup, I was able to take some pictures before The Husband left for the delivery.
Mummy Egg Rolls
Witches Finger Pan de Sal
Here is the Embudito Meatball recipe
(Makes about 20)
1 Lb. of ground meat (chicken, pork, beef)
2 Tbs Chicken/Beef Bouillon
2 Hard Boiled Eggs cut in small pieces
1/4 Lb. of Velveeta Cheese Diced in 20 cubes
Green Olives sliced (You will probably need about 6-7 of them)
- Take the ground meat and place in a bowl.
- Peel the carrots and used a cheese grater to shred the carrots directly into the bowl.
- Do the same with the onion.
- Add the bouillon and mix together until it is well incorporated
- Start dividing the mixture into 20 portions (it equaled about 1 oz. of meat)
- Make a ball out of the portioned out meat, than flatten into a pancake.
- Place a cheese cube and a egg piece in the middle. You could add other stuff like hot dog pieces if you like.
- Bring up the edges to make a ball.
- Place a olive slice on the outside to resemble an pupil.
- Once all the meat balls are assembled, cook the meat balls.
- I steamed mine but you could also bake it.
- Once the meat is full cooked, I would use a meat thermometer, it is ready to serve.
I made a set for The Daughters birthday and I served it with sweet and sour sauce.