Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

No Mayo Potato Salad!?!?!

 

6-7-2010 022

This is a pretty short post, I’m kinda still in the mental block so I’m reaching into some older recipes I have been meaning to post.  For those who knows me, I love mayo.  This dish was requested by The Brother to make a non-mayo potato salad.  I actually think it is wrong to have no mayo but it worked.  It was actually creamy.  I may make this again for my allergic relatives.

I adapted this recipe from Wicked Good Dinner.

 

No-Mayo Creamy Potato Salad

(Adapted from Wicked Good Dinner)

6 Large Waxy potatoes (I used to gold kind) – chopped in 1/2 Inches

1/2 Cup of Sour cream

1 Clove of garlic – Finely minced

1 Tbs of Shallot – Minced

1 Tbs of Fresh Chive – Minced

2 Tbs of Chopped Parsley

Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions

  1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water.
  2. Bring to a boil and let it cook until it is tender. 
  3. While that cooks, mix the rest of the ingredients except for the chives and parsley and place in the refrigerator to set. 
  4. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the water and allow it to cool.
  5. Once it is cool, completely coat the potatoes with the sour cream mixture.
  6. Slowly fold in the chives and parsley.
  7. Serve

11 comments:

  1. I think there is nothing worse than a potato salad with too much mayo! This side dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a mayo in salad fan either. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually sounds good. While I'm not against mayo, sometimes I'd like the healthier version. Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad looks yummy. I think I'd add a bit of fresh dill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would love this! Totally saving your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it too, sometimes I do half mayo, half sour cream, it works! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sour cream instead of mayo! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always thought mayo kind of "makes" the potato salad, but I'd be willing to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious! I'm not such a huge mayo fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is perfect for me! I am not a big fan of mayo at all!!! Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a mayo in potato salad fan either. I make this version with baby red potatoes, then you only have to cut them in half or quarters.

    ReplyDelete