This is a pretty short post, I’m kinda still in the mental block so I’m reaching into some older recipes I have been meaning to post. For those who knows me, I love mayo. This dish was requested by The Brother to make a non-mayo potato salad. I actually think it is wrong to have no mayo but it worked. It was actually creamy. I may make this again for my allergic relatives.
I adapted this recipe from Wicked Good Dinner.
No-Mayo Creamy Potato Salad
(Adapted from Wicked Good Dinner)
6 Large Waxy potatoes (I used to gold kind) – chopped in 1/2 Inches
1/2 Cup of Sour cream
1 Clove of garlic – Finely minced
1 Tbs of Shallot – Minced
1 Tbs of Fresh Chive – Minced
2 Tbs of Chopped Parsley
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water.
- Bring to a boil and let it cook until it is tender.
- While that cooks, mix the rest of the ingredients except for the chives and parsley and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the water and allow it to cool.
- Once it is cool, completely coat the potatoes with the sour cream mixture.
- Slowly fold in the chives and parsley.