As some of you know, I performed my first Daring Bakers Challenge. I was suppose to participate in Daring Cooks but I wasn't able to fit it in my "busy" schedule. But since I already had all of the ingredients, might as well make something else. The original dish was a vegetarian pate and when I evaluated all of the ingredients I had, I was able to majority of the ingredients in a stuffed shell dish.
1 Can of Cannellini (I had it for the pate)
2 Cups of Ricotta Cheese
1 Lb of Ground Beef
1 Jar of Tomato sauce
1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
1 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1 Onion Diced
Italian Parsley Chopped
Box of Large Pasta Shells
- First saute the onion and garlic in a large skillet.
- When the onions become translucent, add the ground beef.
- When it is fully cooked, set it aside to cool a little.
- While you are waiting for the meat to cool, mix the rest of the ingredients except for the tomato sauce, the pine nuts, mozzarella cheese.
- Mix in the ground beef with the cheese mixture.
- Take the mixture and start stuffing the shells. Place the shells in a casserole dish to bake.
- Once you are completed stuffing the shells, top with the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- While is it is baking, take the pine nuts and toast them lightly in a small skillet.
- Once the cheese is nice and gooey, top the whole casserole dish with the toasted pine nuts.