Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Added to my recipe box 5-6-10

There as so many great recipes I found this week, especially with Cinco de Mayo. 
 
Late last week, I found this recipe right after my last added to my recipe box.  Who could say no to pretzels and chocolate.  That is one of the most common combination.  Well, CakeSpy posted a recipe where the chocolate was on the inside of the pretzel.  Imagine the warm chocolate when the pretzel was just taken out of the oven.  Hmmmmmmmm.  Her recipe was Chocolate-Filled Pretzel Nuggets.  I strongly recommend trying this.  I hope to try this soon :D. 
 
I have always been an admirer of Malaysian pastries.  They are so pretty and their use of jelly are amazing.  Sea salt With Food re-created a jello type dessert utilizing palm sugar and coconut milk.  The recipe Palm Sugar and Coconut Milk Jelly provides a great presentation.  Especially when you use speciality jelly molds.  I have yet to find some but just a regular pan would work wonders.  
 
Earlier this week, Joelen's Culinary Adventure with Friends & Food posted a recipe on Pina Colada Cheesecake Truffles.  I was just catching up on my Foodbuzz friends post and I stumbled on her truffle recipe.  It was simple and perfect for a party or a bridal shower in her case.  
 
A staple at my house is sweet potatoes.  When we discovered that The Daughter loved them, we always have them in the house.  When I saw How Sweet Eats posted a recipe on Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries I need to save that recipe immediately.  Chili, cheese, and sweet potatoes....it is good you can't see me drooling right now :D.  
 
I generally don't make too much cupcakes but this recipe just drew me in.  Tartelette shared a recipe for Tamarind Coffee Cupcakes.  For those that doesn't know what tamarind is, it is sweet-brownish fruit that is grown in a pod.  The Mother loves the fruit and when I saw this recipe, I thought it was perfect for her.  I'm going to try to make it the next time I see her. 
 
The last recipe I saved this week was from I can do that.  She made a dish perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Candied Jalapenos.  Yes, I just say candied jalapenos.  It is hot and sweet at the same time.  I saved it mainly for The Daughter.  She is quite strange and likes hot stuff.  I can't wait to try it on her :D
 


No comments:

Post a Comment