I have been wanted to test this recipe. I had to all worked out in my head but I didn't have a chance to try it until this weekend. After I made the some pichi pichi, I had some left over coconut. I took the coconut and mixed it with some brown sugar and let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours. I was also doing another experiment by freezing the bread dough and see how it came out so I was able to achieve two test in one bake good :D
* The measurements are up to you and how much you would like to make
1lb of Sweet bread dough of your choice *I used a brioche recipe
Coconut/brown sugar mixture
* Nuts are optional but I couldn't put them because The Daughter is allergic :(
It is all in the assembly!
- Roll out the dough until it is about an 1/2 inch thick
- Spread butter until it is covered
- Sprinkle the desired amount of coconut mix *You may want more than others
- Roll up the edges until it becomes a log
- Slice the log about 2 inches thick and lay it in a buttered pan
- Let it rise for about 1 to 2 hours until it doubles in size. I generally put a clothe over the rolls.
- Once the rolls look about done proofing, preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, 5 minutes before it is about done pour the coconut sauce over to have it cook.
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar *Add or less if you like
- Pour the coconut milk and sugar into a sauce pan and incorporate fully.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a medium-low fire
- Occasionally stir until it thickens
- Remove from heat and let it cool
1 Cup of Grated Coconut
1 Cup of Brown sugar *again up to taste if you like it sweeter or not
Mix together both ingredients and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.