Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

No food Friday - First day of School


 I am one of the slowest mom in the world.  The Daughter started preschool 2 weeks ago and I am just writing this post.  With her birthday in November I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to attend preschool.  Since the school is a private, they allowed her to move to the preschool class much to my relief.  We worked over the summer to make sure she knew her letters and numbers.  Now she is starting to recognize what we are talking about when we spell something out (S-O-D-A but in her translation it is DSON)

To get her excited for the new school year I got her a little lady bug bag to put all of her art work.  I also made sure I dropped and picked her up from school. We walked into the classroom and put all of her stuff away.  Right away, she realized there was assigned seating.  As soon as she spotted her name, she became excited that she was able to read it.  I walked out of the room and kept looking back half expecting her to cry or not wanting me to leave.  No, not my munchkin.  It was a bit depressing for me.  I'm scared to think how I will be once she is in kindergarden. 

A little bit of about the Daughter

My first day at Preschool

Her Favorites:
Color: Pink and Purple
Food: NoNo's (noodles) and pickles
Activities: Dancing and Singing (and irritating her brother)

What she wants to do when she grows up:
To be a Teacher




Since the start of school she has been quoting the teachers and singing the same song over and over again.  I can't wait to see what this school year will teach her. 

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me that you still have time to blog at all! Can't imagine a little gal would love pickles!

    ReplyDelete