Lijit

Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kulinarya - For The Husband



month of February supposedly represents "love".  Unfortunately, I'm stuck with The Husband who believes it is a hallmark holiday.  So instead of spending Valentine's day with him, we left him at home to do homework while we (the kids and I) went to The Best Friend's (Girl) house to have dinner.  I figured that was a good valentines gift  - being left alone. 

I did feed him because I felt kinda bad.  Not really but since the theme for the Kulinarya Cooking Club is Love hosted by Abigail of my Nappytales and Marni of Kensington Kitchen, I figured I could do something nice for him.  We hardly have any meals with pork due to my authority but for him, I made pork chops.  He orginally requested I make some longoniza sausages but I ran out of time so I did  the next best thing.  I created my take on longoniza pork chop.  I did accidently poured too much annatto seed but it resulted in a bright red color.

Longoniza Pork Chops
1 Lbs of Pork Chops
*This is all porportional measurements (it just depends on how much favor you want to add)
2 Parts of Brown Sugar (I used about 2 Cups)
1/8 Part of Ground Annatto Seed (about 1/8 cup)
1/8 Part Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400F
  2. Mix the brown sugar, annatto seed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together to create a rub.
  3. Take each pork chop and coat it. 
  4. Place them in a bowl and refridgerate it for 2 hours or over night.
  5. Take the pork chop and sear each side to create a nice caramelization. 
  6. Finish the cooking process in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it is reaches the correct temp (about 145F).
  7. Let it rest for a 5 minutes.
  8. Serve 



kulinarya cooking club
Check out the other members posts.

7 comments:

  1. Your longoniza pork chop is quite ingenious ... the Husband for sure has been very happy with the meal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I'm sure your husband loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes men can be like that, but in the end they really do want to be shown affection :) I love your longganisa version of pork chops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking pork chops, so flavorful with this rub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great way to show the man in your life some love. Thank you for sharing with me. As I sit down with a bowl of cereal (pretzels in the oven), I'm glad I visited! And now I want some of this meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I love the idea and red color of the "longanisa" pork chop.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness this is definitely drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete