Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So Guess What I’m doing This Week

So Guess What I'm doing This Week

I took a week long vacation from the 9-5 grind and I'm not actually leaving town.  Here are some hints to what I'm up to.  I have been so excited to post this but I have been too tired. I'm sure you will understand when you hear it.
 
Hint 1: I am going back into a classroom.

Hint 2: I will be with my friend Anna.

Hint 3: I won't be getting any sun and I will be on my feet the whole time.


No idea?  I am attending a Pastry Boot Camp for the whole week.  Jealous?  I'm sure you are.  I will be going to the The French Pastry School  in downtown Chicago.

The course is packed with breads, cakes, tarts, candy, and even ice cream, all in one week.  My class started on the 5th so while everybody was sleeping in, I was on a train at 6 o'clock in the morning wanting another cup of coffee.  It was a great first day, my notebook was filled with notes and factoids.  The only bad part of that day was the lack of air conditioning.  It was 90 degrees outside so just imagine how hot it was inside.  Due to the heat, we mainly prepped for other recipes.  We did get a chance to bake one thing and cook a few others things.  At the end of the day, I was tired but still full of energy.  I can't wait to see what the week will bring.  Here are some pictures of adventure.

Our Kitchen

Here is what I made on the first day.  

 
 
                                      
I didn't bring my camera into the classroom so I didn't have pictures of the inside, but I will post some later.  It is going to be a fun week.  

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm jealous!! I can't wait to see more what you made. This is soooooo cool! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Wow, I wish we had something like that closer to us :) I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool...Can't wait for the related posts:) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds as good as therapy! I could use this kind of break. that bread looked lush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coconut rocher sounds yummy and interesting. Are you going to post the recipe soon? And yes I'm jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will post the recipes soon, I have been so busy with the class that I haven't had the chance to organize them.

    ReplyDelete