Lijit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Buko Pie

I never had buko pie until my cousins and I were at my parents house in California or a family reunion.  My  cousins went to Goldilocks to buy the pie.  We had it as soon as we got back to my parents.  I found it really good so I decided to search or a recipe to duplicate the taste.  I kinda cheated, I used my empanada dough to make the crust but I would use a pie dough instead. 

Filling
1 Package of Frozen Buko
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1 Can of Condense Milk

Defrost the package of Buko and pour all of the contents including the water into a sauce pan.  Add the whole can of Coconut Milk and Condense Milk.  Boil the contents until it thickens.  While waiting the mixture to thicken, roll out the pie dough into a pie pan.  Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.  Bake the pie or 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until it the filling becomes solid. 

I made both regular size pie and mini pies.  To make the mini pies, I used large muffin pans.


1 comment:

  1. my fave are the buko (or ube) tarts from Rowena's in Tagaytay! you shouldn't miss buying that one.. buko tarts from Amira's are also yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete